Friday, April 25, 2008

The Worst 2 Hours of My Life

***Update - Please read to the bottom of this post for a brief update.***

So yesterday was the first day I decided to take a break from making bows. I was just going to kick back with Kynzie, work on some web devlopment for my new site and catch up on some TV. My morning was the same ol' same ol', after getting home from dropping Maddie off at school, I was loading the dishwasher from the morning dishes and then checking e-mail, feeding Kynzie and myself, etc. So I get Kynize down for her nap (at around noon), make myself a little lunch and sit down to watch TV. Phone rings. The Caller ID says, "Central Showing". Since I didn't want it to keep ringing I answered it and hung up right away. A couple seconds later it rings again with the same caller ID, so I answer it. It was a realtor wanting to show my house in 2 hours to a prospective buyer. TWO HOURS!!! My house was trashed (well trashed in my eyes).

This was the first time we had kinda let the house get messy since we first put it up for sale. I had bow stuff everywhere dried up glue from my hot glue gun all over my granite counters and ribbon fragments everywhere. There was laundry in a huge pile in my room that needed to be attended to and the kids left a bunch of little things laying around.

I have never worked so hard to get a house spic and span in two hours in my life. I was sweating so much I wasn't sure if I was actually sweating or crying from head to toe. I just kept praying that I would get it done in time.

Fortunately, Kynzie was asleep during my cleaning rampage (and her room was fine so I didn't need to do anything in there except fix her bed when I got her up). So I got to clean uninterrupted. I not only cleaned and straightened out all of our almost 3600 sf home, I also straightened out the backyard some and was able to get the gardener to come out and mow and edge the lawn before the buyers came.

Please pray that the buyers liked our home and are wanting to purchase our home. The sooner the better for us.

***Update***
We just got another call today because another prospective buyer wants to look at our house! This is amazing because there are a total of 6 homes on my street that are up for sale and none of them have had a bite yet! Please pray that we sell to someone soon!***

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!! That sounds like 2 hours of madness!! At least you had a spotlessly clean house afterwards, I have learned anytime I want to relax or get lazy about the housework it always comes and bites me in the butt!! How dare we have a break from life.

Kariberry said...

Wow you've been busy. LOL Oh i hope it all went well with the showings. I'll be Praying for your situation. We serve a BIG GOD!! Nothing is too hard for him. His timing is perfect. :)

Kari said...

I remember those times too well... I got to the point I only used paper products, and spent 20 minutes everynight before bed making sure everything was "picked" up. Good Luck I will be praying that it sells fast.