Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Memorial Day Weekend

We had a lot to do for Memorial Day weekend. Kynzie spent the night at gramma's on Friday night. Maddie was supposed to go, but she was being disobedient and disrespectful so she lost that privelage for the day. We went to my friend Kat's baby shower on Saturday. It was a lot of fun to meet her parents, who flew in from Puerto Rico. Maddie had fun because Kat has a doggie named Mya that Maddie played with for most of the time. We had to leave a tad bit early because we go to Saturday night service.

On Sunday we just hung out at the house then we went to a neighborhood block party a few houses down the street. It was fun to see some neighbors and meet new neighbors. They had a kiddie pool out for the little kiddies and the big kiddies went next door because one of the neighbors has a pool. They also brought out a ping pong table and most of the guys played on that. There were so many kids and it was fun getting to know each other better and having all the kids play together. Maddie and Kynzie took off with their grammy again that night, so Aaron and I decided to watch Indiana Jones. It wasn't the greatest movie, but I did enjoy it. I just love Harrison Ford. We got home a little late, but we got to sleep in the next day so it was great!

On Monday we had to do a lot of shopping and cleaning because people were coming to see the house on Wednesday and I have an all day crop here at the house on Saturday. So we had to do some grocery shopping and what not to get prepared. When the girls came home Monday evening from a day with Grammy, Kynzie looked as though she got into a boxing match with someone. So after her shower, we got this picture of her:



Do you see how her right eye is almost shut? She had an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite. She got 5 big bites on her face. I felt so bad. Everywhere I went people would ask her if she got an owie on her eye and I'd tell them she got bitten on her eye. I should've said...if you think that's bad, you should see the other kid! LOL!

I ended up having to take her to the doctor's on Tuesday because Maddie was rough-housing Kynzie on Friday and popped Kynzie's elbow out of socket and then it was reinjured two more times. It's nothing serious, it's called Nursemaid's Elbow. We just have to try to make sure not to pull on that arm or hand to hard because now that it's been popped out once, it's very easy to pop it out. The doctor said it would take about 3 weeks to heal.

Ok, well this has gone on long enough, but one last great thing. Maddie had Awards Chapel on Wednesday and she got the Top Phonics Award and All Year All 'A's Honor Roll. We are so proud of her!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I am so sorry about your daughters eye and the Nursemaids elbow... My son had the same thing, but I did it to him, he was trying to run off from me and I grabbed his arm and he dropped on me, and it dislocated his elbow... We have had it happen twice, after the second time the Dr. showed me how to pop it back in. I could never do it, so I am thankful that it never happened again.

Nicole said...

Oh the poor thing...i can't believe you have mosquitos already. Thankfully we don't have them YET!! She does look like she has been fighting only without bruising. She is still darling!!


I posted pics on my blog with Kadence and her DARLING bows. Thanks again.

Love,
Nicole