Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yay! Today is my 31st Birthday! It's been a great day so far and I've only been awake for about an hour. I've been wanting an iPhone for sometime now and this morning my hubby gave me a picture of an iPhone. I thought he was playing a joke on me because he has been completely against me getting one since I first mentioned wanting one. He then tells me that I am getting an iPhone and that I could either get one today or wait until July 11th to get the new one coming out. I'm definitely waiting for the new one to come out since it's got way more features and is less expensive! I'm so excited.

Normally, Aaron gives the girls cereal for breakfast. Since it's now Summer, they don't get up in time to see him before he leaves for work. When Kynzie got up, she asked if her daddy was still here and I told her no. Then she was all worried that she wasn't going to get any cereal for breakfast. I assured her that I could get her cereal and she was fine with that. We get downstairs and she sees a bag of Cheetos from yesterday and asks if she could have Cheetos. I told her, "No you may not have Cheetos for breakfast." She paused and looked at me and said, "May I please have lunch?". I was laughing so hard. I had to call Aaron and share the funny story with him...he quite enjoyed it.

It's been so busy and hectic for the past couple of weeks. Maddie had her Kindergarten graduation last Thursday (I'll post pics later) and then we had some parties to attend. We got her SAT scores and she did unbelievably well. The test says that she has the listening skills of a 6th grader...so now I have proof that she does hear me, it's just a matter of her obeying!

We signed up for the local YMCA yesterday. It's literally around the corner from our house and it's brand new. It has a splash pad, family pool and a waterpark! Since gas is so expensive, we decided to go ahead an sign up since it's so close by. We went yesterday for the first time and had a blast. The girls can't wait to go back today.

Lastly, since it's my birthday I 'd like to give out some blog candy. I'm going to give to two random people one of these two prizes: a scrapbook embellishment goodie bag or a custom hair bow. You'll be given one entry for every post you put on my blog and another entry for mentioning my blog or bizzybows.com on your blog. Happy posting!

***I forgot to mention that this contest will end on until Friday, June 13th at noon (CST).***

8 comments:

Kisha said...

ok soooo who could resist! I love your bows and I love what your daughter said about the cheetos. Sounds totally like a Bill Cosby episode! Congrats on the Birthday AND the birthday present! HOW COOL! I need to look into a new phone and plan... hum.... I was thinking a black jack - but then I'd have to buy an IPOD... hum...lol

Happy Birthday!

Kariberry said...

Happy Birthday Christine!! Hope it's a great one. Mine is on Father's Day. But i'm not giving out my age anymore. LOL
Loved the Cheetos story. Kids say the cutest things. Love your bows!!

Suz said...

Happy Birthday! Your story about the Cheetos is hilarious! What a quick thinker your daughter is!

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Suz

Kari said...

Happy Happy Birthday.... I really hope you have a fantastic day...I am taking a much needed break from packing...Loved the cheetos story as well... sounds just like my son's reasoning.

Nicole said...

That is so cute about the cheetos, my daughter actually had a ziplock bag of cheetos under her pillow this morning eating them for breakfast before I realized it. There must be something about cheetos... lol. Happy Birthday! I hope your day just gets better and better. It has been so fun to get to know you the last few months. You are such a sweetheart. Thanks for all you do for me. You are very talented in MANY areas.

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Love,
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Christine!! :)

I love your bows!! They are adorable!! Unfortunately for me... I have a little boy, so bows don't help me much! lol

Hope you have a TERRIFIC day!!!

Lisa

Lisa.Mellinger@yahoo.com

CandyScraps said...

Happy Birthday!! :) This is my first time to see your bows - gorgeous!

Candy
papercandy@gmail.com

Tracy said...

Happy birthday hon!!