I was introduced to Jamberry in November 2012. I kind of brushed it off when I first read about it because I certainly did not want to waste any more money on nail polish. Then one time I noticed the designs on the nails were way too detailed to be regular polish. So I began to dig and research about this company. I dug for good news, old news and bad news. I only found great news about Jamberry. I took a chance and purchased a set of Jamberry nail shields to try. I bought a set called "String of Lights & Red Pinstripes" to try on my girls.
We all fell in love instantly. Jamberry nail shields are supposed to last up to 2 weeks on finger nails and up to 6 weeks on toe nails. They lasted on my oldest daughter for over 3 weeks! Since November, I've had many different sets on...not because they didn't last long enough, but because I was itching to try different styles. The application is fairly simple
- First you prep your nails, I just make sure my nails are polish-free, cut, and filed to my desired length, push back my cuticles, then wipe each nail with rubbing alcohol.
- Select the nail strip that fits your nail bed (only cutting off what you will use), and heat it with a blow dryer by holding the adhesive side facing the blow dryer for 10-15 seconds.
- Apply the nail shield and smooth out with a lot of pressure. Be sure that the nail shield is not touching any of your skin. You can either press it down with your own fingers or use the cuticle pusher.
- Reheat the nail again with a blow dryer, then smooth out again making sure no edges are popped up.
- File off excess with a downward motion only.
At one point, I had these on (Chalkboard Hearts and Black & White Stripes):
Today I put these bad boys on (Teal Sparkle and Lavender Sparkle):
I love sparkle nail polish, but I do not love removing sparkle nail polish. I am so happy to be able to have some pretty sparkly nails, knowing it will be easy as pie to remove them when it's time.
If you are interested in hosting a Jamberry party (either in your home or online), please feel free to contact me. Jamberry just rolled out a new and very generous hostess program that you will love! You can also drool over all the beautiful designs by visiting my Jamberry website at christinet.jamberrynails.net