Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'M ALIVE!!!

I have been so busy lately that I've neglected my blogging...shame on me! Let's see where do I begin. I was at Urgent Care on Father's Day due to severe vertigo. They thought I had an infection and put me on antibiotics, which did absolutely nothing for me. Come to find out my old eye doctor had prescribed me regular contacts for my astigmatism instead of contacts that correct an astigmatism. Having the wrong contacts was causing me to be off balance! It took me a few days to get used to the new contacts, but now I see everything clear and steady! Praise God!

Lately, I've been working so hard at keeping my house clean for showings, but we still haven't had any bites. Hopefully, it will sell soon. With Summer being here, I've had to keep the girls occupied, otherwise we'd all go nuts, so I've been going to the YMCA getting regular exercise and taking them to the pool. Our new Y here has a splash pad and a water park, so we've really been enjoying that. The girls are so tan now, they actually look like they have more Filipino in them!

Maddie has been enjoying her time off school and has been reading like a mad woman. She reads and reads and reads. There's no stopping her! Kynzie is learning new words and phrases. Her latest phrase is "Prolly later" (probably later). It's been quite a useful phrase! Everytime she wants to do something, if I say, "no", she'll say "prolly later" and I'll say "uh huh" and she's happy with that.

Hmmm, what else? Oh we had a little celebration here at my house on the 4th. It was a combo party, 3 birthdays in one (2 of my nephews and my niece) and a 4th of July party. We just played with the baby pool and the inflatable water slide outside, but the kids had a blast. Aaron and I have been going to a couples small group with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and two other couples. We've been having a blast together and we look forward to our fellowship everytime. It's fun to talk with each other and learn from each other. We also went to a Marriage Seminar with Don and Jean McClure...the best seminar I've ever been too (not that I've been to a ton of them). Don is so funny and so engaging, I wanted the seminar to last forever. I highly recommend it to every couple that is offered the opportunity of attending his seminar. Worth every cent and every second.

I almost forgot, I GOT AN iPHONE!!!! I waited in line on Friday and got my iPhone. It's so cool and I just love it. I get to take the internet everywhere I go. The connection speed is pretty fast and I love the GPS function. Every day, I've been able to play with it a little bit more and find out it's coolness grows each time.
Well, there's my life in a nutshell. Pretty boring huh? We'll be driving back to Cali on August 9th hoping to arrive by August 12th so we can be back home to celebrate my dad's birthday with him. I'm so excited to be going home and being with my family. All of us are. Please keep the sale of our house in your prayers. Also, please pray that VBS this week goes smoothly. I'm in charge of the pre-schoolers (what was I thinking?). I'm quite nervous because I don't believe I'm that great with kids, so it will be interesting to see how the Lord handles this one.








Anywho, hopefully next time I blog it won't be 3 weeks from now! Thank you to all who e-mailed me to check on me...I AM ALIVE!!!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Summer always makes it hard to keep our blogs up to date... but we try... :-) glad your family is having fun and everyone is okay..

Kariberry said...

Happy to see you checked in! Looks like the kids are having a blast. Have a safe trip!

Nicole said...

Glad to see your alive and well! After we talked about those bows I never saw or heard from you, I wondered if you fell of the face of the earth?!? Glad your just busy like the rest of the world. Thanks again for your promptness on getting those to me they are great as always. Talk to you soon,

Love,
Nicole

Carrie said...

Hey, missed ya! Can't wait to see you guys, too! Caleb and Emma are so, so excited. They're already planning their b-day parties for the fall and keep saying, "and we can invite Maddie and Kynzie, too!"

Kisha said...

Gosh I am so glad to see you blogging again. And glad all is well too. Been wondering about you and hoping you'd come back around soon!

Enjoy your trip home!

Kisha

Carolyn said...

Hey how ya been? Are you just not bloggin anymore or just really busy. We miss ya!

Anonymous said...

beautiful children.

Carolyn said...

Where have you been girly. Hope you are doing alright! Stop by and say hello.
Hugs!